The Kurma Professional Mat was created by Kurma founder, Claus Grzesch, in Germany in the early 90's
- Firm, supportive cushion, offers stability in standing postures and protection from the floor in seated postures.
- Dense material ensures the mat stays in position on the floor and will not lift or roll during your practice.
- Textured grip with a cloth-like pattern. As with many pro mats, this grip will improve over time.
- Extremely durable, these are mats for life.
- Slightly wider than a standard mat at 66cm.
As a direct disciple of India’s foremost yoga guru, B.K.S. Iyengar, Claus has been one of Europe’s most respected Iyengar yoga teachers and teacher trainers over the past 3 decades.
On a mission to enhance his own practice, Claus began developing and testing yoga mats in order to find a better, healthier, high-performance surface to practice yoga.
For nearly 20 years the Kurma mats have been the top choice of yoga professionals across the globe
Density: Super Dense, High Surface Tensions
Material: Certified Non-Toxic PVC (Certification OEKO-Tex Standard 100)
Closed Cell, will not absorb moisture, sweat, or bacteria.
Maintenance: Clean & dry in an instant, never requires deep cleaning. Grip will wear in over time.
185cm x 66xm x 4.5mm, 1.8Kg
Recommended for: Teachers, Studios, Students with a regular practice (practice 3+ times per week.)